The New Year is right around the corner and is waiting for you to envision it. Before the clock strikes midnight on December 31, 2020, take some time to respond to the questions below. Studies show if you write your intentions and goals down, you are more likely to achieve them, so go for it!
1. What are your hopes and desires for 2021?
2. What do you want to do in 2021 that will give you the greatest sense of joy and delight, energy and passion, satisfaction and fulfillment, contentment, and peace of mind?
3. Where do you want to focus your attention, time, and energy in 2021?
4. Based on your responses to the first three questions, what specific goals can you set to focus your attention, time and energy to achieve what will bring you the greatest sense of satisfaction and fulfillment?
5. What attitudes, beliefs, or behaviors might you need to let go of to be positioned to achieve the goals you have set?
6. Are there any new beliefs, routines, practices, or behaviors that you can put in place to support your success?
7. What support do you want or need from others?
8. How will you celebrate your successes along the way?
9. Now, it is December 31, 2021 and you have accomplished the goals you have set. Describe what you have accomplished, how you feel, and what has happened in your work, relationships and life that has made it a great year.
If you feel your creative juices flowing, create a vision board for the New Year. What is a vision board? It is a representation of your goals in words, pictures, colors and images that visually represent your response to #9 above. You start with a poster board (8”x12” or larger) and begin to fill it in with all kinds of images and text that represent (and will inspire and remind you throughout the year) of the goals you have set and what achieving them will mean for you in your life.
To sustain your motivation throughout the year, put your vision board in a spot where you will see it daily. I have mine right in front of me in my dining room where I eat breakfast each day. Every time you look at the visual representation of your intentions and goals, you’ll tap back into your desires and compelling reasons to stay the course throughout the year.
Let’s hold each other’s intentions for 2021 and support each other on our journeys. It’s always best when you know someone else is traveling with you!
As always, if you need some help, remember we are here to be a sounding board and help guide you through the process.
PRINCIPAL, TRANSFORM, INC.