Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. Vince Lombardi
We believe great leaders intentionally develop and embrace certain qualities and perspectives that enhance their ability to lead effectively.
Here’s a sampling of those qualities and perspectives Transform has gathered from our work over the past 25 years. Take a look and see how you measure up.
- Learn to understand themselves and their impact on others – whether conscious or not. They understand that it’s not only what you say but what you do that leaves a lasting impression.
- Are committed to growth and development for themselves and their people.
- Pause when needed. They learn to manage their personal reactivity. They seek understanding before action.
- Ask great questions.
- Listen with their whole being.
- Are confident in themselves and have a clarity of purpose and mission that drives their approach and decision-making.
- Operate with a set of attitudes and beliefs that support the success of the team.
- Are adaptable and resilient and don’t hold grudges.
- Learn personal and organizational lessons, make the necessary shifts, and move on.
- Have social and group awareness. They know what’s appropriate in the moment.
- Understand the value of different points of view.
- Have command of and clarity on what “the numbers” say, the real story they tell.
- Know that the organization with the best, most highly skilled people will win.
- Know that success and fulfillment don’t happen in a vacuum but rather in relationships with others. They cultivate and nurture key relationships.
Do these resonate for you? Are there any you’d like to explore? Any you’d like to add?
Give us a call if you want to discuss your leadership approach. We’re always glad to help.