This is a shout-out to Theresa for being the “Best Business Partner” in the world. Yes, I’m biased– just so we have that out of the way. However, I can make a solid case for it being the truth, at least my truth.
We’ve seen many super partnerships in our 22 years as business partners. Unfortunately, we’ve also witnessed many that miss the mark, many that have ups and downs, and some that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. So, with Valentine’s Day here and my personal relationship hitting a rough spot, I thought I’d share a few things I really like about my partnership with Theresa.
- We are friends and that goes a long way. When little business annoyances happen, they don’t sting as much.
- I think she’s uber-talented, and I am proud of the work she does on our behalf.
- She’s consistent, which supports my “Six” nature with a bit of needed certainty.
- We don’t play the blame game. We take responsibility for ourselves, and when necessary, the company as a whole.
- We care about and are kind to each other.
- From time to time, we’ve been able to suggest when the other may have a blind spot in a certain area.
- We share many of the same business and personal values, thereby making what could be dicey business decision-making pretty easy.
- We learn and we grow both independently and together.
- We witness one another’s journeys with deep respect.
As I’m writing this, I’m wondering if it reads a little too much like a partnership fairytale, but that’s okay–this is the truth as I see it.
Obviously, there’s no partnership that doesn’t hit bumps along the way, and that’s true here as well. But, at the end of the day, we have each other’s backs and are in it for the long haul.
Wishing each of you partnerships that support you and challenge you to be your very best.
By Mary Anne Wampler,
PRINCIPAL, TRANSFORM, INC.